Businesses, organizations, and groups are invited to participate in the New Melle Festival Parade. The festival will be held June 13, 14 and 15th with the parade taking place on Saturday the 15th at 1:30pm. The theme this year is “Movies” so get some friends, gather your team or make it a family affair and have some fun with your community!!!
Our goal is to continue the excitement from last year and put on another GREAT parade – even bigger and better than last year!”
The parade will end in the lower fields and each parade participant has the option of hosting an activity by their float, corn hole, ring toss, possibly a dunk booth... there will be people’s choice voting for best floats, Sugar Fire will be serving food starting at 11am and a rugby game will be held at 4pm.
Businesses can participate or help sponsor the parade in the following ways:
1. Prize money sponsorship/no float - $50.00 minimum - receives advertising at the festival and all year long on a New Melle Festival Parade Sponsors Banner.
2. Float entries $25.00 - receive advertising (your logo) on banner at the festival and all year long on a New Melle Festival Parade Sponsors Banner.
3. Free Float entries.
Non-profit organizations/individuals (church, school clubs, car clubs, subdivision, family, ball teams etc.) are encouraged to participate as well with a float/vehicle/walking group, etc.
There will be two types of prizes awarded:
1. Best business entry – receives free advertising on one of the large banners all year at NMSR as well as on the NMSR website ($750 value)*
2. Non-profit (church, school clubs, car clubs, subdivision, family, ball teams etc.) – winners receive cash prize based on sponsorship and entry fees.*
* Please note only floats/vehicles/walking entries that pay a minimum of $25 are eligible to win the prize. The more elaborate the work, the better your chances. Please keep all music and entries family friendly.
In order to highlight, on a banner at NMSR, all the sponsoring businesses, groups or any float entries to be judged, we will need commitment from you with your logos by the 30th of May.
Floats can be entered up until the week of the parade but WILL NOT be judged if not registered by May 30th. Please help us make this the best parade ever. Again!
Go to www.newmellesportsandrec.com for more festival information or to print a registration form. Please fill out the form and return it to NMSR along with your donation.
Please follow New Melle Festival 2019 on Facebook for more details.