Saint Charles Christmas Traditions on Historic Main Street is a magical and fun place to visit during the Holiday Season - but, for some guests, it can be challenging. This year we are proud to introduce our new inclusion initiative.
This initiative aims to allow those who may not be able to come to the festival due to a disability to be able to experience the festival in a way that is beneficial to them. Instead of walking along the crowded brick lined streets and sidewalks, the tours travel along Riverside Drive where the Legends of Christmas will come to the group for a more one-on-one interaction.
The tours are open, but not limited to individuals with mobility issues, autism, down-syndrome, large group anxiety, and auditory sensitivity.
The tours will be given two times a day by our sensory specialist.
What to expect:
• The tour will be go 90 minutes long
• Tour groups will be limited to 15 people total
• The tour will begin at the Tourism Center (230 S. Main St.)
• The tour will then work its way south towards the Katy Depot in Frontier Park
• Along the way the group will be introduced to several of our Christmas Legends for a more inclusive interaction
• The Tour will end at the Katy Depot where families or groups can meet to go take photos with Santa Claus
• At the Katy Depot, tour participants will be given a full deck of 2019 Saint Charles Christmas Traditions® trading cards
Tours will be given on Saturdays & Sundays during the Festival.
For more information or to register visit:https://www.discoverstcharles.com/events/christmas-traditions/inclusion-tours/