The Immaculate Heart of Mary/St. Vincent de Paul conference is overwhelmed with joy by the generosity of our community, and want to offer our heartfelt thanks. Due to the kindness of so many, we can continue to share these gifts and blessings with our neighbors in need. We have so many to thank - here is a partial list of notable donations.
• Year round support of our food pantry from IHM Parishioners and Women’s Marian Council; all of our surrounding churches; the women’s club from Lake Sherwood; plus other businesses, organizations and individuals.
• The 2019 Scouting for Food program: The hard work of our neighbors, scouts and leaders and SVdP volunteers, delivered and stored 4800 items.
• The Hunt for Hunger/Share the Harvest program: Thanks to area hunters and Josephville Meat Company, over 250 lbs. of venison was delivered to our pantry.
• The Community Ecumenical Thanksgiving Service: The generous support of those who attended provided over $480 to help those we serve.
• Daniel Boone Elementary School Canned Food Drive: Through the hardwork of the parents, students and staff, our pantry received 1680 items which were delivered by a group of students and teachers.
• The 2019 Angel Tree program: Each year, IHM parishioners take paper angel ornaments that identify specific gift needs from the giving tree and bring back wrapped Christmas gifts for families in need.
Thanks to these and other collections/events, we have blessings to share for several months, although the need never stops. We are blessed by your generosity, and on behalf of all our SVdP members and volunteers we hope you had a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Joe A. Willis, Servant Leader, IHM/SVdP Conference.