The St. Charles City-County Library issued the following notice on March 12, 2021:
We are committed to maintaining essential library services for our users while ensuring the health and safety of our customers and staff. At this time, all St. Charles City-County Library branches will remain open during regular operating hours.
As a precaution to help limit the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19), please be aware of the following temporary changes to our services:
• All events and programs are canceled March 14-31.
• From March 14-31, reservations for all meeting rooms have been suspended and all existing reservations have been canceled. This includes all rooms in the Community Commons located in the Spencer Road Branch.
• Public use of computers will be limited to allow for recommended social distancing.
• Customers and staff members are asked to keep a 4-6 foot distance from others during interactions.
• All portable toys have been removed or are temporarily unavailable while they undergo thorough cleaning.
• All Adult and Youth Outreach visits will be suspended immediately until further notice.
• The Friends Spring Fever Book Fair has been canceled.
Library staff are actively monitoring local public health policy and are following all recommended guidelines for the cleaning and operation of our branches. If customers are well and healthy, they should feel free to visit the Library, seek staff assistance, and check out materials as usual. Any updates or changes will be posted on the Library’s social media channels and website.
If you are taking personal precautions and prefer not to visit the Library, you can place materials on hold and pick them up using drive-through services at Spencer Road or Kathryn Linnemann, or curbside services at Kisker Road, Corporate Parkway, Middendorf-Kredell, Deer Run, or McClay. Access help from where you are using our “Ask Us” chat feature, or contact branches for assistance via phone. The Library also provides resources for all ages that can be accessed online 24/7. Discover our eLibrary and find eBooks, eAudiobooks, music, movies, research tools, and more.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work to serve and protect our customers and staff.