UPDATED 4/28/21 with new parade start time.
The 2021 New Melle Festival Queen Candidates will hold their annual Car Wash on Saturday, June 5, 2021 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at New Melle Fire Station #1. This activity raises money for pageant expenses, so bring your car or truck by for a hand wash and support this long-standing community tradition.
Then on Thursday, June 10, 2021, the Queen Candidates will once again host the Little Miss & Mister Pageant during Family Night at the New Melle Festival. Registration will open up online on Monday, May 10. Please complete one registration per participant. The online registration ($0) deadline is Thursday, June 10 @ noon. In-person registration ($5 per candidate) will be accepted on Thursday, June 10 from 6 to 6:15 p.m. inside the Banquet Hall at NMSR, provided there are open spots within the appropriate gender/age range.
All candidates should report to the Banquet Hall no later than 6:15 p.m. on Thursday, June 10. The Pageant will begin at 6:30 p.m. inside the hall.
General Rules are a follows:
1. The first 10 contestants of each gender within each age range will be accepted, therefore there will be a maximum of 20 participants in each age group. This registration submission is not a guarantee and you will be notified within 48 hours of submission if the maximum number of contestants have already registered for your contestant's group.
2. Age will be as of June 10, 2021. Contestants may be asked for proof of age.
3. Contestants will be judged on appearance, poise & personality, and enthusiasm for the Festival. A one-question/contestant interview will be held on stage. These questions will be emailed at a later date to practice with your contestant prior to the Little Miss & Mister Pageant.
4. Participants may wear formal or themed (costume-like) attire for the Little Miss & Mister Pageant.
5. At least one parent or guardian must accompany the contestant(s) at all times, except while on stage. Parents/guardians will not be allowed on stage at any point during the pageant.
6. The 2021 New Melle Festival Little Miss & Mister Pageant will run from 6:30-7:30 p.m. in the Banquet Hall during the New Melle Festival Family Night on Thursday, June 10. Please plan for your participant to stay through the duration of this time as overall winners will be crowned at the end of the pageant.
7. Contestants are responsible for the conduct of their parents/guardians. There will be NO interference with the judges before, during, or after the Little Miss & Mister Pageant.
8. All score sheets are the property of the New Melle Festival Queen Pageant and will not be disclosed, given out, or discussed.
9. Winners must be willing to participate in both the New Melle Festival Queen Pageant as well as the New Melle Festival Parade during the 2021 New Melle Festival weekend. Dates, times, and details are listed below.
New Melle Festival Queen Pageant: Friday, June 11 @ 6 p.m.
New Melle Festival Parade: Saturday, June 12 @ 12 noon (Parade begins at 12:30 p.m.)