A community newsletter serving New Melle, Defiance, Augus​ta, Marthasville, Dutzow​​ a​nd surrounding areas.


General Information for Upcoming April 2 General Election

To vote in the upcoming April 2 General Election, you must be a registered voter by March 6. For information on registering to vote or if you have a name or address change, visit www.sccmo.org/457/Voter-Registration-Information.

Photo IDs are now required for voting. Voters will need one of the following:
• A non-expired Missouri driver or non-driver license;
• A non-expired military ID, including a veteran’s ID card;
• A non-expired United States passport; or
Another photo ID issued by the United States or the state of Missouri, which is either not expired or expired after the date of the most recent general election. *If the driver or non-driver license has expired after the most recent general election, it is an acceptable form of voter ID.

If you do not possess any of these forms of identification but are a registered voter, you may cast a provisional ballot.

If you do not have an acceptable form of photo ID, you might be eligible for a free Missouri non-driver license for voting purposes.

The Missouri Department of Revenue, through the license offices throughout the state, provides one (1) non-driver license at no charge to Missourians who wish to obtain a photo ID for voting purposes (and do not already have one.) Call 573-526-VOTE (8683) or visit https://dor.mo.gov.

The Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services, Bureau of Vital Records, can provide one (1) fee-exempt copy of a certified Missouri birth certificate to an individual seeking to obtain one (1) free non-driver’s license to vote in Missouri if the applicant does not already have a current non-driver’s license or current driver’s license. Call (573) 751-6387 or email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

The Missouri Secretary of State will help you obtain the official documents needed for a Missouri non-driver license. Examples include birth certificates, marriage licenses, adoption decrees, U.S. Department of State naturalization papers, or court orders changing one's name. The Secretary of State’s office will pay all fees for the official documents. For more information on Photo ID requirements and how to get a free ID, visit www.sos.mo.gov/voterid.

To view a sample ballot, which should be available six weeks before the election, visit www.sccmo.org/410/Election-Authority.

For information on polling places, absentee voting by mail or in person, student voting, or military or overseas civilian, visit www.sccmo.org/447/Absentee-Voting.