By Dianne Sudbrock
The New Melle Board of Aldermen met Thursday, Jan. 10, 2019 at City Hall.
In Open Forum, P&Z Chairman Ken Birk asked if something could be done to fix the sidewalk along Hwy. Z just past Maraca's where it is so close to the highway. It's a safety concern. Mayor West said the idea should be discussed at the next P&Z meeting.
Brock Harvey asked about a letter of non-compliance he had received regarding a paved/concrete entrance to his business – Work Horse Construction. At the time his site plan was approved, he was supposed to construct a hard surface entrance to the property within a year. The mayor advised him to contact Cochran Engineering about available options.
The financial reports were reviewed, and 2018 records should be ready to be audited.
In the Engineering report, Mayor West noted that New Melle Sports and Rec was advised to stop construction on their parking lot pending site plan approval, and they are complying.
• A court date is set for January 22 for the Sullivan et al lawsuit.
• Site plan approval, and a vote regarding suspending the business license for Quarry Wine Garden, were both tabled with no discussion. No updated site plan showing water retention facilities for the new parking lot has been received.
• Cochran Engineering is working on the preliminary design for a sidewalk on the east side of Hwy. Z at New Melle Sports and Rec and those plans should be completed by the end of January.
• The idea of a walking trail from New Melle to the Park at New Melle Lakes will be discussed at an upcoming work session. Alderwoman Karrenbrock suggested street maintenance be discussed at that time also.
• A report from the St. Charles County Street Department for 2018 was reviewed.
• A report of sinking concrete slabs near the entrance to Sycamore Creek will be investigated.
The meeting adjourned at 7:25 p.m. A Work Session will be scheduled for January 29, 2019.