The City of New Melle is seeking a part-time City Clerk. Hours are Monday through Thursday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Must be able to work 2-3 nights per month for Planning and Zoning and Board of Aldermen Meetings and work sessions.
Position will be available for start immediately. This is a one-person office with all services contracted with others. Knowledge of municipal government operations desired. Duties include:
• Attend regular and special Board of Aldermen, Planning and Zoning Commission, and Board of Adjustment meetings. Takes minutes and prepares for permanent record and distribution. Prepares minutes for all meetings.
• Court Reporter will be needed for Board of Adjustment meetings.
• Obtains, prepares, and distributes all documents for all meetings to staff and media.
• Prepares routine ordinances.
• Quick Books – Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Quarterly Tax Reports, Etc. Reconciles bank statements and prepares deposits.
• Prepares monthly financial statements and quarterly reports in cooperation with the City’s CPA and prepares and coordinates all documents for yearly audit.
• Prepares RFQs and RFPs for bidding purposes.
• Acts as the City’s Purchasing Agent.
• Responds to all Sunshine Law Requests in accordance with State Law.
• Accepts zoning applications and fees, then submits to City Engineer, St. Charles County Building Department, and to appropriate Boards and Commissions.
• Prepares and collects fees for Business and Liquor Licenses.
• Advertises for bids, prepares legal ads and notices as required by law.
• Accepts bids and maintains records for all City projects.
• Attends conferences and training related to the position of City Clerk in preparation for obtaining State Certifications through MoCCFOA and/or IIMC.
• Signs, certifies, and seals documents when required (Notary Public desired).
• Participates in community events and attends New Melle Chamber of Commerce Meetings, when possible.
• Acts as receptionist and secretary to the Mayor and Board of Aldermen, responding to issues relating to citizens, as requested.
• Distributes and prepares documents for municipal elections.
• Prepares documents for property sales tax.
• Maintains City’s website in conjunction with website provider.