Each person addressing the Board of Aldermen shall give his/her name and address. Remarks shall be addressed to the Board as a whole and not to any individual member, and no question shall be asked to any individual member except through the presiding officer. No person other than the Aldermen and the person having the floor shall be permitted to enter into discussion without the permission of the presiding officer.
1. July 2022 Balance Sheets
2. Quarterly Reports and 6 Month Financials as provided by Botz Deal
1. Cochran Engineering to discuss with the Board of Aldermen the selection for Alternates for the Peter Street Improvement Project. A vote to accept an Alternate will follow. Also for discussion is any information provided for costs involved with burying utilities for an alternate plan.
2. Progress on Mill Street Improvement Plans – Cochran Engineering.
3. The Board of Aldermen will discuss the City website and possible link to the Chamber of
Commerce website. Advantages/disadvantages for a combination website.
1. Review the Emergency Repair Contract and Tree Trimming Contract provided by Council with Cochran Engineering and discuss changes. This action item was tabled at the July BOA Meeting.
1. Deana Dothage, the new County Engagement Specialist in Community Economic Development for MU Extension in St. Charles County, will be introduced at the October 11, 2022, Board of Aldermen Meeting as she has a conflict for August 16 and September 13. Ms. Dothage will discuss the future coordination between the City and MU Extension to utilize the monies allocated to MU for Strategic Doing and programs available going forward.
2. Planning and Zoning met on August 10, 2022 and as we mourn the passing of long time resident and Commissioner McClelland a vote to send a check as a memorial to the Christian Motorcycle Association on behalf of the City of New Melle was unanimous.
The next Board of Aldermen Meeting will be Tuesday, September 13, 2022, at City Hall, 145 Almeling St., 7:00 p.m.
Regular Meeting Tentative Agenda for Tuesday, August 16, 2022, at 7:00 p.m. at New Melle City Hall.