The City of New Melle will hold its Board of Aldermen Regular Meeting on Tuesday, March 14, 2023, at 7 p.m. at City of New Melle, City Hall, 145 Almeling Street. Below is the tentative agenda.
CALL MEETING TO ORDER
___Mayor Steve Burt ___Alderman Janet Karrenbrock
___Alderman Trevor Goodman ___Alderman Gary Schneider
___Alderman Nik Bradley ___City Clerk Marcia Gay
___Attorney Steve Martin
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
APPROVAL OF AGENDA
APPROVAL OF MINUTES
Regular Meeting of February 14, 2023
Each person addressing the Board of Aldermen shall give his/her name and address. Remarks shall be addressed to the Board as a whole and not to any individual member and no question shall be asked any individual member except through the presiding officer. No person other than the Aldermen and the person having the floor shall be permitted to enter into discussion without the permission of the presiding officer.
1. February 2023 Balance Sheets
1. Peter Street Improvement Status Report – Cochran Engineering
2. Review and discussion regarding Change Order #2 submitted to the BOA for approval. Also, to be reviewed are culvert/inlet locations and on-site observations concerning inlet location and placement heights, and damaged concrete pipe.
3. Status of New Melle new Firehouse project.
4. Options/costs for replacing/repairing the sidewalk on the east side of Schutzen St. between Hwy D and Peter St.
5. A Special BOA Meeting was held March 7, 2023, which discussed the maintenance and repairs for Sycamore Creek streets. Cochran Engineering will provide estimates for repairs.
The City Emergency Repairs contract will work with the city to address the necessary urgent issues.
INTRODUCTION OF ORDINANCES
BILL #483 – ORDINANCE 468 – AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING THE APPROVAL REQUIREMENTS FOR EMERGENCY REPAIRS PER CONTRACT TITLE 22-001 OF OCTOBER 12, 2022, FOR THE CITY OF NEW MELLE, MISSOURI.
1. Discuss the possibilities of establishing a Historic Preservation district within the City of New Melle. This may be a subject that might influence an Ordinance pertaining to short-term rentals/Airbnb’s.
1. Discussion regarding the landscaping/grass cutting contract. Review the RFP for Bid Proposal.
2. Under the current Lawn Maintenance contract, there have not been any Invoices submitted to City Hall since August of 2022, only (3) payment invoices were submitted and paid – April, May, and June of 2022. There has also been an inquiry regarding bushes/plantings in the ‘wedge’ area of City property. The city can purchase shrubbery, trees, plantings on a wholesale agreement with Frisella Nursery as a 501C3 organization. Should NMSR under the current contract be maintaining/replacing any bushes and shrubs on this and the City Hall property.
3. Review and discuss Title II, Chapter 215, Section 215.020 of the New Melle Code that addresses Acts and Conditions Deemed to be Public Nuisances. This section will address what is a public nuisance and how to handle the situation. It has been brought to the attention of City Hall that there are properties that do not meet the conditions of this definition that have debris, junk cars, trash and overgrown vegetation that are in violation of City ordinance.
4. Review the proposed new City of New Melle web page:
The next Board of Aldermen Meeting will be Tuesday, APRIL 11, 2023, at City Hall, 145 Almeling St., 7:00 p.m.